Adjective ou Adjetivo
1. a. Next; later in time; subsequent; succeeding; as, an after period of life.
2. a. Hinder; nearer the rear.
3. a. To ward the stern of the ship; -- applied to any object in the rear part of a vessel; as the after cabin, after hatchway.
4. prep. Behind in place; as, men in line one after another.
5. prep. Below in rank; next to in order.
6. prep. Later in time; subsequent; as, after supper, after three days. It often precedes a clause. Formerly that was interposed between it and the clause.
7. prep. Subsequent to and in consequence of; as, after what you have said, I shall be careful.
8. prep. Subsequent to and notwithstanding; as, after all our advice, you took that course.
9. prep. Moving toward from behind; following, in search of; in pursuit of.
10. prep. Denoting the aim or object; concerning; in relation to; as, to look after workmen; to inquire after a friend; to thirst after righteousness.
11. prep. In imitation of; in conformity with; after the manner of; as, to make a thing after a model; a picture after Rubens; the boy takes after his father.
12. prep. According to; in accordance with; in conformity with the nature of; as, he acted after his kind.
13. prep. According to the direction and influence of; in proportion to; befitting.
14. adv. Subsequently in time or place; behind; afterward; as, he follows after
And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.