Adjective ou Adjetivo
1. superl. Free from spots, specks, dirt, or imperfection; unblemished; clean; pure.
2. superl. Pleasing to the eye; handsome; beautiful.
3. superl. Without a dark hue; light; clear; as, a fair skin.
4. superl. Not overcast; cloudless; clear; pleasant; propitious; favorable; -- said of the sky, weather, or wind, etc.; as, a fair sky; a fair day.
5. superl. Free from obstacles or hindrances; unobstructed; unincumbered; open; direct; -- said of a road, passage, etc.; as, a fair mark; in fair sight; a fair view.
6. superl. Without sudden change of direction or curvature; smooth; fowing; -- said of the figure of a vessel, and of surfaces, water lines, and other lines.
7. superl. Characterized by frankness, honesty, impartiality, or candor; open; upright; free from suspicion or bias; equitable; just; -- said of persons, character, or conduct; as, a fair man; fair dealing; a fair statement.
8. superl. Pleasing; favorable; inspiring hope and confidence; -- said of words, promises, etc.
9. superl. Distinct; legible; as, fair handwriting.
10. superl. Free from any marked characteristic; average; middling; as, a fair specimen.
11. adv. Clearly; openly; frankly; civilly; honestly; favorably; auspiciously; agreeably.
12. n. Fairness, beauty.
13. n. A fair woman; a sweetheart.
14. n. Good fortune; good luck.
15. v. t. To make fair or beautiful.
16. v. t. To make smooth and flowing, as a vessel's lines.
17. n. A gathering of buyers and sellers, assembled at a particular place with their merchandise at a stated or regular season, or by special appointment, for trade.
18. n. A festival, and sale of fancy articles. erc., usually for some charitable object; as, a Grand Army fair.
19. n. A competitive exhibition of wares, farm products, etc., not primarily for purposes of sale; as, the Mechanics' fair; an agricultural fair
just, antimonopoly similar term, antitrust similar term, clean similar term, sporting similar term, sporty similar term, sportsmanlike similar term, fair-minded similar term, fair-and-square similar term, impartial related term, fair related term, just related term, reasonable related term, sensible related term, unfair antonym adj, impartial, disinterested similar term, dispassionate similar term, cold-eyed similar term, indifferent similar term, unbiased similar term, unbiassed similar term, indifferent similar term, fair related term, just related term, partial antonym adj, fairish, reasonable, moderate similar term adj, bonny, bonnie, comely, sightly, beautiful similar term adj, in-bounds similar term, foul antonym adj, average, mediocre, middling, ordinary similar term adj, feminine similar term adj, clean, legible similar term adj, clear similar term adj, fairish, blond similar term, blonde similar term, light-haired similar term noun, carnival, funfair, show generic term noun, gathering generic term, assemblage generic term noun, exhibition generic term, exposition generic term, expo generic term noun, bazaar, sale generic term, cut-rate sale generic term, sales event generic term verb, join generic term, bring together generic term adv, fairly, clean, unfairly antonym adv, fairly, evenhandedly
That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
And it came to pass, when he was come near to enter into Egypt, that he said unto Sarai his wife, Behold now, I know that thou art a fair woman to look upon:
And it came to pass, that, when Abram was come into Egypt, the Egyptians beheld the woman that she was very fair.