(em Português: ver)
1. v. i. To be the property of; as, Jamaica belongs to Great Britain.
2. v. i. To be a part of, or connected with; to be appendant or related; to owe allegiance or service.
3. v. i. To be the concern or proper business or function of; to appertain to.
4. v. i. To be suitable for; to be due to.
5. v. i. To be native to, or an inhabitant of; esp. to have a legal residence, settlement, or inhabitancy, whether by birth or operation of law, so as to be entitled to maintenance by the parish or town.
6. v. t. To be deserved by
And they said unto him, We have dreamed a dream, and there is no interpreter of it. And Joseph said unto them, Do not interpretations belong to God? tell me them, I pray you.
In the year of the jubile the field shall return unto him of whom it was bought, even to him to whom the possession of the land did belong.
But thou shalt appoint the Levites over the tabernacle of testimony, and over all the vessels thereof, and over all things that belong to it: they shall bear the tabernacle, and all the vessels thereof; and they shall minister unto it, and shall encamp round about the tabernacle.