(em Português: ver)
Caimento, expor, asa-delta, estar, estender, cabide, pender, sobrepairar, ultraleve, Grilo, pendurar, jeito, suspender, enforcar.
1. v. i. To suspend; to fasten to some elevated point without support from below; -- often used with up or out; as, to hang a coat on a hook; to hang up a sign; to hang out a banner.
2. v. i. To fasten in a manner which will allow of free motion upon the point or points of suspension; -- said of a pendulum, a swing, a door, gate, etc.
3. v. i. To fit properly, as at a proper angle (a part of an implement that is swung in using), as a scythe to its snath, or an ax to its helve.
4. v. i. To put to death by suspending by the neck; -- a form of capital punishment; as, to hang a murderer.
5. v. i. To cover, decorate, or furnish by hanging pictures trophies, drapery, and the like, or by covering with paper hangings; -- said of a wall, a room, etc.
6. v. i. To paste, as paper hangings, on the walls of a room.
7. v. i. To hold or bear in a suspended or inclined manner or position instead of erect; to droop; as, he hung his head in shame.
8. v. i. To be suspended or fastened to some elevated point without support from below; to dangle; to float; to rest; to remain; to stay.
9. v. i. To be fastened in such a manner as to allow of free motion on the point or points of suspension.
10. v. i. To die or be put to death by suspension from the neck.
11. v. i. To hold for support; to depend; to cling; -- usually with on or upon; as, this question hangs on a single point.
12. v. i. To be, or be like, a suspended weight.
13. v. i. To hover; to impend; to appear threateningly; -- usually with over; as, evils hang over the country.
14. v. i. To lean or incline; to incline downward.
15. v. i. To slope down; as, hanging grounds.
16. v. i. To be undetermined or uncertain; to be in suspense; to linger; to be delayed.
17. n. The manner in which one part or thing hangs upon, or is connected with, another; as, the hang of a scythe.
18. n. Connection; arrangement; plan; as, the hang of a discourse.
19. n. A sharp or steep declivity or slope
bent, knack, endowment generic term, gift generic term, talent generic term, natural endowment generic term noun, fit generic term noun, gymnastic exercise generic term verb, hang up, fasten generic term, fix generic term, secure generic term verb, string up, execute generic term, put to death generic term verb, drop generic term verb, fall, flow verb, be generic term verb, attend, advert, pay heed, give ear, listen generic term verb, cling, grasp generic term, hold on generic term verb, obstruct generic term, blockade generic term, block generic term, hinder generic term, stymie generic term, stymy generic term, embarrass generic term verb, decorate generic term, adorn generic term, grace generic term, ornament generic term, embellish generic term, beautify generic term verb, fasten generic term, fix generic term, secure generic term verb, decompose generic term, rot generic term, molder generic term, moulder generic term
Yet within three days shall Pharaoh lift up thy head from off thee, and shall hang thee on a tree; and the birds shall eat thy flesh from off thee.
And the remnant that remaineth of the curtains of the tent, the half curtain that remaineth, shall hang over the backside of the tabernacle.
And a cubit on the one side, and a cubit on the other side of that which remaineth in the length of the curtains of the tent, it shall hang over the sides of the tabernacle on this side and on that side, to cover it.