(em Português: ver)
Deixar, manutenção, continuar, economia, criar, cumprir, sustento, ficar, dirigir, guardar, sustentar, possuir.
1. v. t. To care; to desire.
2. v. t. To hold; to restrain from departure or removal; not to let go of; to retain in one's power or possession; not to lose; to retain; to detain.
3. v. t. To cause to remain in a given situation or condition; to maintain unchanged; to hold or preserve in any state or tenor.
4. v. t. To have in custody; to have in some place for preservation; to take charge of.
5. v. t. To preserve from danger, harm, or loss; to guard.
6. v. t. To preserve from discovery or publicity; not to communicate, reveal, or betray, as a secret.
7. v. t. To attend upon; to have the care of; to tend.
8. v. t. To record transactions, accounts, or events in; as, to keep books, a journal, etc. ; also, to enter (as accounts, records, etc. ) in a book.
9. v. t. To maintain, as an establishment, institution, or the like; to conduct; to manage; as, to keep store.
10. v. t. To supply with necessaries of life; to entertain; as, to keep boarders.
11. v. t. To have in one's service; to have and maintain, as an assistant, a servant, a mistress, a horse, etc.
12. v. t. To have habitually in stock for sale.
13. v. t. To continue in, as a course or mode of action; not to intermit or fall from; to hold to; to maintain; as, to keep silence; to keep one's word; to keep possession.
14. v. t. To observe; to adhere to; to fulfill; not to swerve from or violate; to practice or perform, as duty; not to neglect; to be faithful to.
15. v. t. To confine one's self to; not to quit; to remain in; as, to keep one's house, room, bed, etc. ; hence, to haunt; to frequent.
16. v. t. To observe duty, as a festival, etc. ; to celebrate; to solemnize; as, to keep a feast.
17. v. i. To remain in any position or state; to continue; to abide; to stay; as, to keep at a distance; to keep aloft; to keep near; to keep in the house; to keep before or behind; to keep in favor; to keep out of company, or out reach.
18. v. i. To last; to endure; to remain unimpaired.
19. v. i. To reside for a time; to lodge; to dwell.
20. v. i. To take care; to be solicitous; to watch.
21. v. i. To be in session; as, school keeps to-day.
22. n. The act or office of keeping; custody; guard; care; heed; charge.
23. n. The state of being kept; hence, the resulting condition; case; as, to be in good keep.
24. n. The means or provisions by which one is kept; maintenance; support; as, the keep of a horse.
25. n. That which keeps or protects; a stronghold; a fortress; a castle; specifically, the strongest and securest part of a castle, often used as a place of residence by the lord of the castle, especially during a siege; the donjon. See Illust. of Castle.
26. n. That which is kept in charge; a charge.
27. n. A cap for retaining anything, as a journal box, in place
support, livelihood, living, bread and butter, sustenance, resource generic term noun, donjon, dungeon, stronghold generic term, fastness generic term noun, hold, cell generic term, jail cell generic term, prison cell generic term verb, maintain, hold, hold back related term, hold out related term, hold over related term, hold out related term, hold up related term, keep in related term, keep out related term, keep off related term, keep up related term, keep off related term, keep down related term, keep apart related term, keep up related term verb, continue, go on, proceed, go along, act generic term, move generic term, discontinue antonym verb, hold on, have generic term, have got generic term, hold generic term, keep back related term, keep back related term, lose antonym verb, prevent, let antonym verb, observe, break antonym verb, observe, maintain verb, have generic term, have got generic term, hold generic term verb, maintain, record generic term, enter generic term, put down generic term verb, lodge generic term, accommodate generic term verb, retain, continue, keep on, keep going, prolong generic term, sustain generic term, keep up generic term verb, sustain, maintain, have generic term, have got generic term, hold generic term verb, stay fresh, stay generic term, remain generic term, rest generic term verb, observe, celebrate verb, restrain, suppress, keep back, hold back, prevent generic term, keep generic term verb, preserve, protect generic term verb, grow generic term, raise generic term, farm generic term, produce generic term verb, keep open, hold open, save, reserve generic term, hold generic term, book generic term verb, store generic term verb, have generic term, have got generic term, hold generic term verb, maintain, have generic term, have got generic term, hold generic term verb, confine generic term, detain generic term verb, preserve, cook generic term, fix generic term, ready generic term, make generic term, prepare generic term
And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.