Espírito, atividade, vida, animal, biografia, alma.
1. n. The state of being which begins with generation, birth, or germination, and ends with death; also, the time during which this state continues; that state of an animal or plant in which all or any of its organs are capable of performing all or any of their functions; -- used of all animal and vegetable organisms.
2. n. Of human beings: The union of the soul and body; also, the duration of their union; sometimes, the deathless quality or existence of the soul; as, man is a creature having an immortal life.
3. n. The potential principle, or force, by which the organs of animals and plants are started and continued in the performance of their several and cooperative functions; the vital force, whether regarded as physical or spiritual.
4. n. Figuratively: The potential or animating principle, also, the period of duration, of anything that is conceived of as resembling a natural organism in structure or functions; as, the life of a state, a machine, or a book; authority is the life of government.
5. n. A certain way or manner of living with respect to conditions, circumstances, character, conduct, occupation, etc.; hence, human affairs; also, lives, considered collectively, as a distinct class or type; as, low life; a good or evil life; the life of Indians, or of miners.
6. n. Animation; spirit; vivacity; vigor; energy.
7. n. That which imparts or excites spirit or vigor; that upon which enjoyment or success depends; as, he was the life of the company, or of the enterprise.
8. n. The living or actual form, person, thing, or state; as, a picture or a description from the life.
9. n. A person; a living being, usually a human being; as, many lives were sacrificed.
10. n. The system of animal nature; animals in general, or considered collectively.
11. n. An essential constituent of life, esp. the blood.
12. n. A history of the acts and events of a life; a biography; as, Johnson wrote the life of Milton.
13. n. Enjoyment in the right use of the powers; especially, a spiritual existence; happiness in the favor of God; heavenly felicity.
14. n. Something dear to one as one's existence; a darling; -- used as a term of endearment
being generic term, beingness generic term, existence generic term noun, being generic term, beingness generic term, existence generic term noun, living, experience generic term noun, animation, living, aliveness, being generic term, beingness generic term, existence generic term noun, lifetime, life-time, lifespan, time period generic term, period of time generic term, period generic term noun, time period generic term, period of time generic term, period generic term noun, liveliness, spirit, sprightliness, animation generic term, spiritedness generic term, invigoration generic term, brio generic term, vivification generic term noun, biography, life story, life history, history generic term, account generic term, chronicle generic term, story generic term noun, time period generic term, period of time generic term, period generic term noun, person generic term, individual generic term, someone generic term, somebody generic term, mortal generic term, soul generic term noun, living thing generic term, animate thing generic term noun, motivation generic term, motive generic term, need generic term noun, organic phenomenon generic term noun, life sentence, prison term generic term, sentence generic term, time generic term
And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.