Enterrar, arrojar, mergulho, precipitar, mergulhar, abismar.
1. v. t. To thrust into water, or into any substance that is penetrable; to immerse; to cause to penetrate or enter quickly and forcibly; to thrust; as, to plunge the body into water; to plunge a dagger into the breast. Also used figuratively; as, to plunge a nation into war.
2. v. t. To baptize by immersion.
3. v. t. To entangle; to embarrass; to overcome.
4. v. i. To thrust or cast one's self into water or other fluid; to submerge one's self; to dive, or to rush in; as, he plunged into the river. Also used figuratively; as, to plunge into debt.
5. v. i. To pitch or throw one's self headlong or violently forward, as a horse does.
6. v. i. To bet heavily and with seeming recklessness on a race, or other contest; in an extended sense, to risk large sums in hazardous speculations.
7. n. The act of thrusting into or submerging; a dive, leap, rush, or pitch into, or as into, water; as, to take the water with a plunge.
8. n. Hence, a desperate hazard or act; a state of being submerged or overwhelmed with difficulties.
9. n. The act of pitching or throwing one's self headlong or violently forward, like an unruly horse.
10. n. Heavy and reckless betting in horse racing; hazardous speculation
dip, swimming generic term, swim generic term noun, drop generic term, fall generic term verb, immerse, penetrate generic term, perforate generic term verb, dive, plunk, descend generic term, fall generic term, go down generic term, come down generic term verb, dart generic term, dash generic term, scoot generic term, scud generic term, flash generic term, shoot generic term verb, launch, get down generic term, begin generic term, get generic term, start out generic term, start generic term, set about generic term, set out generic term, commence generic term verb, immerse verb, dump, drop generic term verb, dunk, dip, souse, douse, immerse generic term, plunge generic term verb, steep, immerse, engulf, engross, absorb, soak up, concentrate generic term, focus generic term, center generic term, centre generic term, pore generic term, rivet generic term
Yet shalt thou plunge me in the ditch, and mine own clothes shall abhor me.