Aprender, leitura, avisar, aconselhar, ler, estudar, interpretar.
1. v. t. To advise; to counsel.
2. v. t. To interpret; to explain; as, to read a riddle.
3. v. t. To tell; to declare; to recite.
4. v. t. To go over, as characters or words, and utter aloud, or recite to one's self inaudibly; to take in the sense of, as of language, by interpreting the characters with which it is expressed; to peruse; as, to read a discourse; to read the letters of an alphabet; to read figures; to read the notes of music, or to read music; to read a book.
5. v. t. Hence, to know fully; to comprehend.
6. v. t. To discover or understand by characters, marks, features, etc.; to learn by observation.
7. v. t. To make a special study of, as by perusing textbooks; as, to read theology or law.
8. v. i. To give advice or counsel.
9. v. i. To tell; to declare.
10. v. i. To perform the act of reading; to peruse, or to go over and utter aloud, the words of a book or other like document.
11. v. i. To study by reading; as, he read for the bar.
12. v. i. To learn by reading.
13. v. i. To appear in writing or print; to be expressed by, or consist of, certain words or characters; as, the passage reads thus in the early manuscripts.
14. v. i. To produce a certain effect when read; as, that sentence reads queerly.
15. v. t. Saying; sentence; maxim; hence, word; advice; counsel. See Rede.
16. v. Reading.
17. imp. & p. p. of Read, v. t. & i.
18. a. Instructed or knowing by reading; versed in books; learned
publication generic term verb, interpret generic term, construe generic term, see generic term verb, say, have generic term, feature generic term verb, talk generic term, speak generic term, utter generic term, mouth generic term, verbalize generic term, verbalise generic term verb, scan, interpret generic term, construe generic term, see generic term verb, predict generic term, foretell generic term, prognosticate generic term, call generic term, forebode generic term, anticipate generic term, promise generic term verb, take, interpret generic term, construe generic term, see generic term verb, register, show, record, indicate generic term verb, learn, study, take verb, audition generic term, try out generic term verb, understand generic term verb, understand, interpret, translate, understand generic term
And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient.
And it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life: that he may learn to fear the LORD his God, to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them:
When all Israel is come to appear before the LORD thy God in the place which he shall choose, thou shalt read this law before all Israel in their hearing.