Inchação, inflamação, intumescência, encher, inchar, elegante, ótimo, excelente, crescer, enfeitado.
Adjective ou Adjetivo
1. v. i. To grow larger; to dilate or extend the exterior surface or dimensions, by matter added within, or by expansion of the inclosed substance; as, the legs swell in dropsy; a bruised part swells; a bladder swells by inflation.
2. v. i. To increase in size or extent by any addition; to increase in volume or force; as, a river swells, and overflows its banks; sounds swell or diminish.
3. v. i. To rise or be driven into waves or billows; to heave; as, in tempest, the ocean swells into waves.
4. v. i. To be puffed up or bloated; as, to swell with pride.
5. v. i. To be inflated; to belly; as, the sails swell.
6. v. i. To be turgid, bombastic, or extravagant; as, swelling words; a swelling style.
7. v. i. To protuberate; to bulge out; as, a cask swells in the middle.
8. v. i. To be elated; to rise arrogantly.
9. v. i. To grow upon the view; to become larger; to expand.
10. v. i. To become larger in amount; as, many little debts added, swell to a great amount.
11. v. i. To act in a pompous, ostentatious, or arrogant manner; to strut; to look big.
12. v. t. To increase the size, bulk, or dimensions of; to cause to rise, dilate, or increase; as, rains and dissolving snow swell the rivers in spring; immigration swells the population.
13. v. t. To aggravate; to heighten.
14. v. t. To raise to arrogance; to puff up; to inflate; as, to be swelled with pride or haughtiness.
15. v. t. To augment gradually in force or loudness, as the sound of a note.
16. n. The act of swelling.
17. n. Gradual increase.
18. n. Increase or augmentation in bulk; protuberance.
19. n. Increase in height; elevation; rise.
20. n. Increase of force, intensity, or volume of sound.
21. n. Increase of power in style, or of rhetorical force.
22. n. A gradual ascent, or rounded elevation, of land; as, an extensive plain abounding with little swells.
23. n. A wave, or billow; especially, a succession of large waves; the roll of the sea after a storm; as, a heavy swell sets into the harbor.
24. n. A gradual increase and decrease of the volume of sound; the crescendo and diminuendo combined; -- generally indicated by the sign.
25. n. A showy, dashing person; a dandy.
26. a. Having the characteristics of a person of rank and importance; showy; dandified; distinguished; as, a swell person; a swell neighborhood
bang-up, bully, corking, cracking, dandy, great, groovy, keen, neat, nifty, not bad, peachy, slap-up, smashing, good similar term noun, crestless wave, wave generic term, moving ridge generic term noun, natural elevation generic term, elevation generic term noun, crescendo generic term noun, dandy, dude, fop, gallant, sheik, beau, fashion plate, clotheshorse, man generic term, adult male generic term verb, increase generic term verb, puff up, act generic term, behave generic term, do generic term verb, swell up, intumesce, tumefy, tumesce, expand generic term verb, well up, originate generic term, arise generic term, rise generic term, develop generic term, uprise generic term, spring up generic term, grow generic term verb, well, surface generic term, come up generic term, rise up generic term, rise generic term verb, grow generic term
Then the priest shall charge the woman with an oath of cursing, and the priest shall say unto the woman, The LORD make thee a curse and an oath among thy people, when the LORD doth make thy thigh to rot, and thy belly to swell;
And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen.
And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people.