Durar, soldo, salário, ocorrer, recompensa, travar.
1. v. t. To pledge; to hazard on the event of a contest; to stake; to bet, to lay; to wager; as, to wage a dollar.
2. v. t. To expose one's self to, as a risk; to incur, as a danger; to venture; to hazard.
3. v. t. To engage in, as a contest, as if by previous gage or pledge; to carry on, as a war.
4. v. t. To adventure, or lay out, for hire or reward; to hire out.
5. v. t. To put upon wages; to hire; to employ; to pay wages to.
6. v. t. To give security for the performance of.
7. v. i. To bind one's self; to engage.
8. v. t. That which is staked or ventured; that for which one incurs risk or danger; prize; gage.
9. v. t. That for which one labors; meed; reward; stipulated payment for service performed; hire; pay; compensation; -- at present generally used in the plural. See Wages
This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest wage a good warfare;
I Timóteo 1:18