(em Português: ver)
Longe, amplamente, largamente, totalmente.
Adjective ou Adjetivo
1. superl. Having considerable distance or extent between the sides; spacious across; much extended in a direction at right angles to that of length; not narrow; broad; as, wide cloth; a wide table; a wide highway; a wide bed; a wide hall or entry.
2. superl. Having a great extent every way; extended; spacious; broad; vast; extensive; as, a wide plain; the wide ocean; a wide difference.
3. superl. Of large scope; comprehensive; liberal; broad; as, wide views; a wide understanding.
4. superl. Of a certain measure between the sides; measuring in a direction at right angles to that of length; as, a table three feet wide.
5. superl. Remote; distant; far.
6. superl. Far from truth, from propriety, from necessity, or the like.
7. superl. On one side or the other of the mark; too far side-wise from the mark, the wicket, the batsman, etc.
8. superl. Made, as a vowel, with a less tense, and more open and relaxed, condition of the mouth organs; -- opposed to primary as used by Mr. Bell, and to narrow as used by Mr. Sweet. The effect, as explained by Mr. Bell, is due to the relaxation or tension of the pharynx; as explained by Mr. Sweet and others, it is due to the action of the tongue. The wide of / (/ve) is / (/ll); of a (ate) is / (/nd), etc. See Guide to Pronunciation, / 13-15.
9. adv. To a distance; far; widely; to a great distance or extent; as, his fame was spread wide.
10. adv. So as to leave or have a great space between the sides; so as to form a large opening.
11. adv. So as to be or strike far from, or on one side of, an object or purpose; aside; astray.
12. n. That which is wide; wide space; width; extent.
13. n. That which goes wide, or to one side of the mark
broad, beamy similar term, bird's-eye similar term, panoramic similar term, broad-brimmed similar term, deep similar term, fanlike similar term, sweeping similar term, wide-screen similar term, comprehensive related term, thick related term, narrow antonym adj, across-the-board, all-embracing, all-encompassing, all-inclusive, blanket, broad, encompassing, extensive, panoptic, comprehensive similar term adj, wide-eyed, open similar term, opened similar term adj, broad, spacious, large similar term, big similar term adj, comfortable similar term, narrow antonym adj, wide-cut, full, ample similar term adj, wide of the mark, inaccurate similar term adv, astray adv, widely
But thou shalt open thine hand wide unto him, and shalt surely lend him sufficient for his need, in that which he wanteth.
For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land.
And they found fat pasture and good, and the land was wide, and quiet, and peaceable; for they of Ham had dwelt there of old.
I Crônicas 4:40