vale a pena
Adjective ou Adjetivo
1. v. i. To be; to become; to betide; -- now used only in the phrases, woe worth the day, woe worth the man, etc., in which the verb is in the imperative, and the nouns day, man, etc., are in the dative. Woe be to the day, woe be to the man, etc., are equivalent phrases.
2. a. Valuable; of worthy; estimable; also, worth while.
3. a. Equal in value to; furnishing an equivalent for; proper to be exchanged for.
4. a. Deserving of; -- in a good or bad sense, but chiefly in a good sense.
5. a. Having possessions equal to; having wealth or estate to the value of.
6. a. That quality of a thing which renders it valuable or useful; sum of valuable qualities which render anything useful and sought; value; hence, often, value as expressed in a standard, as money; equivalent in exchange; price.
7. a. Value in respect of moral or personal qualities; excellence; virtue; eminence; desert; merit; usefulness; as, a man or magistrate of great worth
deserving, meriting, worthy similar term adj, valuable similar term noun, indefinite quantity generic term noun, quality generic term, worthlessness antonym noun, Worth, Charles Frederick Worth, couturier generic term, fashion designer generic term, clothes designer generic term, designer generic term
That he may give me the cave of Machpelah, which he hath, which is in the end of his field; for as much money as it is worth he shall give it me for a possession of a buryingplace amongst you.
My lord, hearken unto me: the land is worth four hundred shekels of silver; what is that betwixt me and thee? bury therefore thy dead.
Then the priest shall reckon unto him the worth of thy estimation, even unto the year of the jubile: and he shall give thine estimation in that day, as a holy thing unto the LORD.