área, faixa, acinturar, local, cinta, zona, regionalizar, circundar.
1. n. A girdle; a cincture.
2. n. One of the five great divisions of the earth, with respect to latitude and temperature.
3. n. The portion of the surface of a sphere included between two parallel planes; the portion of a surface of revolution included between two planes perpendicular to the axis.
4. n. A band or stripe extending around a body.
5. n. A band or area of growth encircling anything; as, a zone of evergreens on a mountain; the zone of animal or vegetable life in the ocean around an island or a continent; the Alpine zone, that part of mountains which is above the limit of tree growth.
6. n. A series of planes having mutually parallel intersections.
7. n. Circuit; circumference.
8. v. t. To girdle; to encircle
geographical area generic term, geographic area generic term, geographical region generic term, geographic region generic term noun, geographical zone, geographical area generic term, geographic area generic term, geographical region generic term, geographic region generic term noun, region generic term, part generic term noun, zona, structure generic term, anatomical structure generic term, complex body part generic term, bodily structure generic term, body structure generic term verb, district, regulate generic term, regularize generic term, regularise generic term, order generic term, govern generic term verb, partition, separate generic term, divide generic term