1. v. t. To look over or through, for the purpose of finding something; to examine; to explore; as, to search the city.
2. v. t. To inquire after; to look for; to seek.
3. v. t. To examine or explore by feeling with an instrument; to probe; as, to search a wound.
4. v. t. To examine; to try; to put to the test.
5. v. i. To seek; to look for something; to make inquiry, exploration, or examination; to hunt.
6. v. t. The act of seeking or looking for something; quest; inquiry; pursuit for finding something; examination
hunt, hunting, activity generic term noun, investigation generic term, investigating generic term noun, lookup, operation generic term noun, higher cognitive process generic term noun, examination generic term, scrutiny generic term verb, seek, look for verb, look, examine generic term, see generic term verb, research, explore, investigate generic term, look into generic term verb, examine generic term, see generic term
He shall not search whether it be good or bad, neither shall he change it: and if he change it at all, then both it and the change thereof shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.
And they departed from the mount of the LORD three days' journey: and the ark of the covenant of the LORD went before them in the three days' journey, to search out a resting place for them.
Send thou men, that they may search the land of Canaan, which I give unto the children of Israel: of every tribe of their fathers shall ye send a man, every one a ruler among them.