1. v. t. To shove one way and the other; to push from one to another; as, to shuffle money from hand to hand.
2. v. t. To mix by pushing or shoving; to confuse; to throw into disorder; especially, to change the relative positions of, as of the cards in a pack.
3. v. t. To remove or introduce by artificial confusion.
4. v. i. To change the relative position of cards in a pack; as, to shuffle and cut.
5. v. i. To change one's position; to shift ground; to evade questions; to resort to equivocation; to prevaricate.
6. v. i. To use arts or expedients; to make shift.
7. v. i. To move in a slovenly, dragging manner; to drag or scrape the feet in walking or dancing.
8. n. The act of shuffling; a mixing confusedly; a slovenly, dragging motion.
9. n. A trick; an artifice; an evasion
shuffling, make, reordering generic term noun, shamble, shambling, shuffling, walk generic term, walking generic term verb, scuffle, shamble, walk generic term verb, transfer generic term, shift generic term verb, ruffle, mix, manipulate generic term