1. n. To utter words; esp., to converse familiarly; to speak, as in familiar discourse, when two or more persons interchange thoughts.
2. n. To confer; to reason; to consult.
3. n. To prate; to speak impertinently.
4. v. t. To speak freely; to use for conversing or communicating; as, to talk French.
5. v. t. To deliver in talking; to speak; to utter; to make a subject of conversation; as, to talk nonsense; to talk politics.
6. v. t. To consume or spend in talking; -- often followed by away; as, to talk away an evening.
7. v. t. To cause to be or become by talking.
8. n. The act of talking; especially, familiar converse; mutual discourse; that which is uttered, especially in familiar conversation, or the mutual converse of two or more.
9. n. Report; rumor; as, to hear talk of war.
10. n. Subject of discourse; as, his achievment is the talk of the town
talking, conversation generic term noun, discussion generic term, treatment generic term, discourse generic term noun, lecture generic term, lecturing generic term noun, lecture, public lecture, address generic term, speech generic term noun, talk of the town, gossip generic term, comment generic term, scuttlebutt generic term verb, speak, communicate generic term, intercommunicate generic term, speak for related term verb, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise, communicate generic term, intercommunicate generic term, mouth off related term, speak up related term verb, speak, communicate generic term, intercommunicate generic term verb, spill, tell generic term verb, spill the beans, let the cat out of the bag, tattle, blab, peach, babble, sing, babble out, blab out, unwrap generic term, disclose generic term, let on generic term, bring out generic term, reveal generic term, discover generic term, expose generic term, divulge generic term, impart generic term, break generic term, give away generic term, let out generic term, keep quiet antonym verb, lecture, teach generic term, learn generic term, instruct generic term
And I will come down and talk with thee there: and I will take of the spirit which is upon thee, and will put it upon them; and they shall bear the burden of the people with thee, that thou bear it not thyself alone.
And ye said, Behold, the LORD our God hath shewed us his glory and his greatness, and we have heard his voice out of the midst of the fire: we have seen this day that God doth talk with man, and he liveth.
And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.